Become a Tutor
UROK Learning Institute is always looking for qualified Reading and Math tutors to work with our students. Tutoring typically takes place after-school and in-home, but sometimes takes place at local libraries or school sites.
To apply, email your resume, availability, and which areas/cities you can work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also complete the tutor application online.
- Complete fingerprinting/background check and submit TB results prior to starting.
- Complete paid training ($10/hr) prior to tutoring.
- Provide one 1:1 or small group instruction at student homes, library, school, or community centers.
- Attend all scheduled tutoring sessions.
- Administer student pre/post tests, score, and submit results to the program director.
- Submit student progress reports and attendance rosters to the parents and program director monthly and on time.
- Maintain organized student records.
- Ensure student goals are met.
Training, Education, and Experience:
- Able to teach both math and reading.
- Minimum 2 years of college, A.A. or B.A. preferred.
- Knowledge of instructional/tutorial procedures and practices.
- Communicate well with others and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Prior tutoring experience or interest in pursuing a career in education a plus!
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
- Able to start working immediately.
- Must be able to commit to at least 4 days a week, weekends are optional.
- Must have an open schedule from 3pm-8pm, but there is room for some flexibility.
- Must provide own transportation with car insurance.
- Some lifting of educational materials (30 lbs. max).