The Discovery Program is a unique writing intervention program that combines character building with improving fundamental writing skills and was developed with Hyde Schools, the nation’s leading character building school. Since 1966, Hyde schools aim is to help students of all abilities and backgrounds reach their fullest potential in life by focusing on character building. Hyde’s curriculum focuses on five words: Courage, Integrity, Leadership, Curiosity, and Concern. This is the heart of the Discovery Program. In addition to improving success academically, we want to encourage students to become strong, compassionate, and confident leaders in life.
- Each workbook journal focuses on different ways of improving character building (The Five Words & Principles, 10 Priorities, The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander).
- Encourages positive character traits (such as courage, concern, honesty, integrity, etc.).
- Promotes success academically as well as in life.
- Develops a personal relationship between the student and the teacher.
- Encourages an ongoing dialogue in a judgement free zone.
- Students write freely, which leads to increased fluent writing.
- Students write a variety of texts, including informative/explanatory and narratives.
- Students learn an array of writing fundamentals.
- Exercises reinforce proper grammar and practice on-demand writing skills.
- Ideal for ages 11 to 18 (grades 6-12).
- Great for students struggling academically and socially.
- Increases self-discovery.
- Improves confidence.
- Increases awareness in new knowledge and improves the ability to reflect on new material.
- Leads to increased student retention.
- Click here for more research and data analysis.
Classroom Starter Package Includes:
- Teacher Instructions x 1
- 10 Sets of one of the chosen workbooks in the series below
- The 5 Words and Principles
- 10 Priorities
- The Bully, the Bullied, & the Bystander